I had been playing with the idea of trying clean eating for a while now. I decided to give up chips, pretzels, crackers and popcorn for Lent. This had to be one of the stupidest ideas I have come up with in a long, long time. This triggered a sweets binge for 40 days and I’m not really much for sweets. You name it, I ate it. I ate a lot of processed stuff like fiber one bars, granola bars etc. Towards the end of Lent I was even eating fries and food from work. I had gone off the deep end and I wasn’t sure if I was coming back. The Thursday before Lent ended I had a really bad day and forgot and ate cheese
crackers. I said sorry God and Lent was over. On Easter I ate everything in sight including two deserts and a chocolate bunny. I knew Monday was CE day. (Clean eating). I had spent three hours at the grocery store finding all the stuff I needed for the weeks menu.
I weighed myself on Monday and couldn’t decide if I should vomit, off myself, say screw it and eat what I want or smoke a carton of cigarettes. I did none of these and started the clean eating. Here are my thoughts.
1. What a pain in the ass. Cooking all my food. Really? I hate cooking.
2. I’m not hung up on clean and nothing processed will ever touch my lips again. Seriously! Processed and junk food is the best and tastes fabulously and takes zero effort or thought to prepare.
3. I lost 6.5 yes SIX AND A HALF POUNDS this week. Of course last Monday’s weight was probably a little inflated from a four-day stress eating binge but who the hell cares! I am back down to weight watcher goal weight so if I went to a meeting, I wouldn’t have to pay.
4. I know understand why ladies didn’t work in the old days. I cannot imagine preparing and cooking food from scratch and trying to work full-time. It’s been a challenge and I only work 24 hours a week. On day 2 work wanted me to come in at 8 and I had an hour of cooking to do before I could leave house so someone else came in and I came in later. I’m glad I skipped a couple of hours than throwing in the towel on day 2.
5. I am beginning to understand the obesity and diabetes epidemic in this country. Given the choice of quick and cheap over time-consuming and priceless I get it.
So I am now onto week two. We shall see how things go.
Mole moral~ cooking still sucks even in light of a nice weight loss